Unable to find any listings.
WHERE TO STAY SO YOUR VACATION IS A HOME RUN
Spring Training, also known as The Cactus League has been hosted in Scottsdale, Arizona since 1947. Growing more and more each year since its founding, Spring Training now hosts 15 baseball teams from all over the United States to play in 10 different stadiums across the Phoenix-metro area.
While the pitchers are on the mound trying to strike out players at bat, Spring Training is nothing but a home run for the Valley. Studies show that Spring Training has poured $544 million annually into the Arizona economy, and six out of every ten fans attending games and experiencing Arizona are from out of town or out of state.
With 60% of Spring Training attendees traveling to watch their favorite teams play, it’s to be expected everyone will just stay in a hotel by the stadium where their team is playing, right? Yes, baseball fans will do that, but that may not be the best idea.
Spring Training baseball stadiums are great for the actual game, but here at Holiday Rental, we advise that those visiting Arizona stay in the Scottsdale area. Even though Scottsdale is not where all of the stadiums are located, the areas around the stadiums are not necessarily the best for a full vacation experience. So, where do you stay?
Luxury home rentals are the perfect place to stay when in town for Spring Training. Not only do vacation rentals allow for an elevated sense of comfort and relaxation, these luxury homes are centrally located to some of the best bars, restaurants and shopping in Arizona.
Each of our luxury home rentals are unique and personable, creating the ideal vacation experience. Some of the amenities featured in our vacation rentals include:
- Comfortable couches to watch TV or movies or simply to lounge on, instead of a hotel bed or stiff chair
- Kitchens with real fridges to store leftovers from restaurants in the area, or to have real food so you can make your own meals before heading out to the games
- Clean, private and heated pools in your backyard to help you wind down after cheering on your favorite team
- Laundry machines conveniently in your luxury home rental so you can stay clean during your stay
- Grills by the pool so you can relax and enjoy a home cooked meal while relaxing after a long day of fun
- Private garages and driveways to keep your rental cars. No need to deal with a valet service or other people dinging up your doors!
- Our homes are located in quiet, private neighborhoods. No excess noise from other guests and higher security!
Now, most Spring Training games don’t start until the early afternoon, and some games don’t even start until early evening, meaning you will have some time to kill while you’re in town. Arizona is the perfect vacation spot because here, we have something for everyone.
For the outdoorsy people, Sedona looks and feels totally different than the rest of Arizona. Home to dozens of hiking trails and local restaurants and shops, Sedona is only about a 2 hour scenic drive away from Scottsdale, meaning you could take a day trip and come back in time for first pitch.
If you want to simply spend time hanging out by the pool, our luxury vacation homes provide, quiet, clean and private pools in your backyard, a nice way to spend time with the kids or to work on a tan before heading back to reality.
In addition, for families, there is the Phoenix Zoo just 15 minutes away from the Scottsdale area and Fashion Square Mall right in the heart of the city, and for some of our luxury home rentals, the mall walking distance away. Fashion Square Mall holds over 200 stores to shop in (including five different toy stores) at least 20 restaurants to eat in, and a move theater.
As for food and drink, there are countless restaurants to choose from in the Scottsdale area. Here are some of our personal picks for the best places to go that are close to our luxury home rentals:
- Breakfast and Brunch:
- Butters Pancakes & Café
- S Egg
- Hash Kitchen
- Lunch and Dinner:
- Grassroots Kitchen & Tap
- Culinary Dropout
- Cien Agave
- Dessert/Coffee & Tea
- That’s Amore Gelato
- Sugar Bowl Ice Cream Parlor
- Sprinkles Cupcakes
- The Baked Bear
And, of course, we cannot forget to mention… the best bars to visit while vacationing in Scottsdale. Old Town Scottsdale is home to a number of different kinds of bars but here are our top picks:
- Bottled Blonde
- Hi Fi Kitchen & Cocktails
- Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row Scottsdale
Spring Training starts the last weekend in February and goes through the entire month of March in 2018.